Nov15ThuNovember 15, 2018
Better Together is still waiting for one more family to arrive. Please pray for this family as they wait.
Here is a bit of their story:
The family of five escaped from Syria to a neighbouring country to find safety. Mom, Dad, sons (now ages 14 & 6), and daughter (now age 12) connected with a church in their new, temporary country and have been growing in their Christian faith. However, in that country they have no legal status to work, go to school, etc.
While there, Dad experienced persecution and deportation back to Syria, leaving his wife and children vulnerable and alone. Dad is not able to go back to where his family is but was able to get out of Syria again to another country.
Dad hasn’t been able to be with his family for a long time now and it is hurting his family. The children cry for their father. Mom has requested extra emotional support for them when they arrive here.
The application process has been slowed because the family is in two different countries.
- Protection over this family – physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- Encouragement, faith and endurance as they continue to wait
- Favour amongst the officials who are processing their application
- Smooth communication and transfer of information across borders
- Equipping of the support team here to be able to give good attention to all their needs when they arrive