TOP 5 reasons why joining a GROUP during a pandemic is your best NEXT STEP
- Participation is an essential aspect of being part of a community. Community is not passively created; we all bring something to the table. A lot of love and hard work goes into our online services, and we hope they bless you, but there's an incredible opportunity to participate in community through a GROUP, so don't miss it!
- Smaller, more personal communities are a great environment for you to know and be known. Groups are a great space for you to discover the unique and beautiful ways God has created you and others and encourage flourishing in those areas.
- Learning based on discussion and processing in a community sticks better! Spiritual conversations around life, reflections on God, the Bible, etc. all help us internalize and appropriate things we are learning.
- Two are better than one. "If either of them falls down, one can help the other up." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10). A timely word of encouragement or prayer, both given and received can be just what is needed to get through a challenging moment or season. Mutual support and prayer is a huge benefit. Caring for others helps them, and it also helps you! Rather than being a burden as we might expect, the act of caring for someone else actually helps to jump-start us out of the downward spiral of thinking centred on me and my problems.
- Battle fear and anxiety. "The enemy of our souls wants us to be isolated and alone. He knows that when we're isolated, we're easy prey. Why? When we're alone and vulnerable, we feel afraid. When we're together and vulnerable, we become brave. A brave group of vulnerable people acting together in faith is not easily overcome by anxiety and stress." ― Rebekah Lyons, Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose
It all boils down to this: From the very start God created humanity to need him and one another, and we see that reflected in the life and teachings of Jesus and the lives and teachings of his first-followers, that we find in the Bible. Although spirituality is something that we experience in a profoundly personal way, our spirituality must be expressed in community! GROUPS are an environment of mutuality that benefit everyone's spiritual vitality and mental health. So join us this next 8-week season, starting the fourth week of January!